Steel abrasives comes in round (shot) or angular (grit) form. It is produced by the atomization of molten steel, followed by a series of thermal and mechanical treatments in order to give the product final characteristics.
Our steel shot is manufactured from steel scrap. Our furnace is electric furnace. Steel scrap is melted in the furnace then being atomized into shot by water jet.
Steel shot manufacturing process:
1. Melting (steel scrap + alloy)
2. Atomizing (by high pressure water jet)
4. Screening (separate the SAE shot sizes from the oversized shot particles used for grit production)
5. Spiraling (remove irregular shaped shot)
6. Quenching (produces superior particle integrity with minimal stress cracks)
9. Packaging (25 KGS per one small pp bag, 40 small bag per one big PP bag)
Abrasives, metal abrasives, steel abrasives, blasting medias, steel grit, steel shot.
1) Steel shot: SAE S930, S780, S660, S550, S460, S390, S330, S280, S230, S170, S110, S70.
2) Steel grit: SAE G10, G12,
G14, G16, G18, G20, G25, G40, G50, G80, G120.